I often become obsessed with certain quotes, or meaningful phrases and I like to collect them- write them down so I can remember them and who said it.
Sometimes they sum up what you want to say in something short, sweet and to the point. Or they can inspire you and be a code to live by, either way I'm going to write down a couple i've found and fallen in love with and some that other people have shared with me.
- 'Fantasy abandoned by reason produces impossible monsters.' - Goya
- 'Hard times arouse an instinctive desire for authenticity'
- 'Humanities greatest desire is to belong and connect'
- 'Life is all about risks and it requires you to jump. Don't be that person that looks back and wonders what they could have had. No one waits forever'
- 'Men go to far greater lengths to avoid what they fear than to obtain what they desire' - Dan Brown
- 'The earth laughs in flowers'
- 'In order to succeed, your desire should be greater than your fear of failure'
- 'All men by nature desire knowledge'
- 'Those who restrain desire do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained' - William Blake
- 'The hottest love has the coldest end' - Socrates
- ' Desire of having is the sin of covetousness' - William Shakespeare
- 'You can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to loose sight of the shore' - Christopher Columbus.
- 'The violets in the mountains have broken the rocks' -Tennessee Williams
- 'The importance of being able to sacrifice all that you are for what you could be'
- 'My bright is too slight to hold back all my dark'
- 'Ambition is not what a man would do, but what a man does, for ambition without action is fantasy.'- Bryant H. McGill
- 'It is best to love wisely, no doubt; but to love foolishly is better than not to be able to love at all' - William Thackeray