Tuesday 22 November 2011

The wound is king and how.

I finally got my tattoo last week, i've been meaning to get it for months. There is always that moment when you decide to get it done that day that you get a little bit apprehensive, and i guess that's why i never went to get it on my own. 
Especially as when i got my first tattoo i was only 16 and got a little bit freaked out as to if i'd done something i really wanted. But this time i walked out after having it done completely happy, and although it hurt like a motherfucker i was really pleased with it. 
So it was an early birthday present to myself and i'd been wanting this phrase for ages as i love the meaning behind it and can really relate to it. I went through a lot of shit and lost my way quite a few times, and it's just a reminder to not let my vision become obscured by those things around us that seem important at the time but that ultimately aren't. 

These are from when i had just had it done. It reads 'Visions clipped by wings and crowns'

1 comment:

  1. " not let my vision become obscured by those things around us that seem important at the time but that ultimately aren't." well said. Happy to have "entertained" you through the stressful few minutes beforehand. Beautiful phrase.

    ReplyDelete